What is this?
Method of bioacustic correction is based on computerized transformation of the patient’s EEG into acoustic signals, allowing the patient to “hear his or her brain working” in real time using Sinkhro-S system (Sinkor, St. Petersburg, Russia).
Bioacoustic correction (BAC) is a non-invasive method with a wide range of applications including functional disorders of the central nervous system (CNS), organic brain damage, cerebral vascular diseases, neuroinfections, neurotic and psychosomatic diseases and so on.
The effectiveness of the method is due to the activation of the diencephalic and mesencephalic structures of the brain, which ensure the processes of self-regulation.
The method was developed by a group of Russian neurophysiologists at Pavlov's "Institute of Experimental Medicine" in the early 1990s. The results of the research are presented in numerous scientific papers.
Therapeutic effect of bioacoustic correction:
BAC is aimed at restoring the natural processes of regulating of physiological functions and increasing the adaptive properties of the organism. They promote the normalization of higher nervous activity, restoration of the brain functionality, which can be clearly seen as an improvement in the electroencephalogram.
- Normalization of the psychophysiological state (improvement of the psychoemotional state, mood, normalization of sleep and appetite, as well as mnemotropic, adaptogenic, antidepressant, sedative, anti-asthenic effects);
- Stimulating and restorative effect (increase of speech activity, expansion of active vocabulary, improvement of the lexico-grammatical structure of the speech in children with speech development disorders, increased active attention, cognitive interest, imroved ability to learn in children with learning disabilities restoration of speech and other cognitive functions after organic brain damage, etc.);
- Hemodynamic (vegetative regulation of the cardio-respiratory system, improvement of microcirculation, etc.);
- Analgesic (headaches, functional headaches, other types of pain);
The advantages of the method:
- Non-invasive treatment;
- Absence of adaptation, side effects and age limitations;
- Increase in the effectiveness upon integrated treatment, which is proven by long-term use;
- Compatibility with other types of drug and non-drug treatments, the possibility of reducing the drug load, or, in some nosologies, the possibility to completely replace the drug treatment;
- Each procedure of BAC is controlled with EEG via 4 channels in on-line mode (review and index-metric analysis). After each procedure the changes in various EEG parameters (index-metric, pattern, cross-correlation analyzes) can be evaluated;
- Comfortable procedure for the patient;
- In comparison with the methods of neurobiuro management, which are based on arbitrary regulation of the functional state of the central nervous system, the distinctive feature of BAC method is involuntary self-regulation of the functional state of the central nervous system. Therefore it is possible to use it for treatment of emotional-volitional and cognitive scopes of mental activity with no age restriction for the patient.